I always heard that it’s impolite to talk about yourself and that people want you to focus on THEM, but then I’ve also heard that revealing the human behind the website is important to maintaining relationships on the interwebs. Which is it, already?! I think it’s probably both.
So first of all, I’m really interested in YOU. I’m truly fascinated by other people’s stories so the invitation to tell me about YOU is always open. You can do that through my contact page, comments on any of my blog posts, the Creative + Mindful Facebook page, etc.
Now, in no particular order, here are 10 random things about me:
- I’m much older than I look. It’s gives me great joy to get carded when I order a drink and have the waiter/bartender do a doubletake. But my crow’s feet may be catching up since that doesn’t happen as much as it used to.
- I‘m the mom to a kooky, crazy, talented kid . He is the apple of my eye at as of the creation of this page, he is actually an adult (if you just said whaaaat? refer to point #1)
- I love making things. I came out of the womb crafting. I sew, quilt, make mixed media pieces and will try any art medium or crafty thing (and impulsively buy all the related accoutrements) at least once. None of this should come as a surprise, given the fact that this website is about creativity.
- I love giving presents. Everyone loves to get presents (including me!) but there is a really cool feeling when you give someone a gift, especially when they didn’t expect it.
- I’m an introvert. And socially awkward at times. I work on overcoming this a lot. But there are times when I hide and need to be alone. Don’t take it personally, it’s just the way I am!
- I am a voracious reader. I love books and I read a lot. I listen to audio books when I can’t read a physical book. I have so many books it’s ridiculous. While I prefer actual paper books, the invention of e-books was particularly brilliant for me – this way I can electronically hide the physical evidence of my heaps and heaps of books.
- I’m a cat person. I think this statement is something that only other cat people understand. If you’re not a cat person, it’s ok. I love you all the same. But if you know me personally, you know there are more than an average number of ridiculous cat videos in my social media feeds.
- I’m a smart-aleck. I like clever jokes and think I have a pretty good sense of humor. I’m also not easily offended. I try to be balanced with this but I’m not always politically correct. If you are easily offended, don’t like swear words or have a sensitive sense of humor… well… I might not be your people. No hard feelings, ok?
- I’m a nerd. That sort of comes packaged with numbers 5 through 8. I was in the gifted and talented programs as a kid. I spent a lot of time indoors and was made fun of by the cool kids, yadda yadda. As an adult, it means I tend to hyper-obsessed with odd and obscure things. Thank goodness for the internet, right?
- I have weird allergies. Seasonal allergies, of course. And animal dander allergies (yes, I have a cat. And yes, he makes me sneeze.) But also random food allergies – lima beans, rare beef, mustard. Some nuts, but not all of them (peanuts, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts = no bueno; pistachios, almonds, cashews = yes, please!). I’ve had most of them all my life. I try not to be defined by them. Except here, in this list. 🙂